May 06 2022 – Charlotte Flather
Start your day in a positive way with Sereia
At Sereia we seek to spread a message of positivity and wellbeing with those in our community, but with the pressures of real life, that's not always realistic or easy to do everyday. Perhaps you haven’t slept well or have woken up dreading the day ahead. Why not try some of these simple morning steps to help re-balance and start your day in a more positive way.
1. Try doing some simple breathing exercises before you get out of bed. Breathe in for four counts and exhale slowly. Repeat this a few times - it really helps just to calm your mind and prepare you for the day ahead.
2. Write a list of all the things you need to do for the day ahead. Whether you are heading to work, doing the school run or looking after your grandchildren, it really helps to get your intimidating to-do list out your head, so you can stay calmer and prepare for the day ahead.
3. Use your Sereia Dry Body Brush before showering to speed up the circulation in your skin. It really is invigorating and when you jump in the shower your skin will tingle with joy! Finish with some healthy hydration for your skin you, such as the Firming Body Oil or Shape & Tone Body Butter.
4. Before you have your first cup of coffee or tea, have a cup of hot water with lemon. This is great for digestion, detoxifies and can help to keep skin clear. If you prefer a glass of cold water, add a slice of lemon and sip regularly throughout the day.
5. Make time for a walk either in your lunch break or after work. Letting your body move, however gently, will really help to boost your energy levels thanks to the release of serotonin. Take this time to clear you mind and re-focus on your plans for work, home-life and downtime.
We hope you find some of these tips helpful next time you're facing a big or challenging day.
If you need extra support with getting through the day, you can get in touch with some of these amazing charities and organisations, or speak to your GP about support available in your area.